The conference will feature what the community needs and wants. How to find out? Ask! This is the draft version of what will become a full blown Survey Monkey questionnaire. What would you add? Tell us in the comments below.
Which statement more accurately describes you?
1. I’m new to online organizing. What I want most is training.
2. My organization does work online. I’d like to get better and strategize with peers and experts.
Just the facts
How old is your organization?
How many staff members?
Is your organization labor, community organizing, or other?
At what level do you focus on issues? (multi-select)
Are you a membership organization with dues-paying individuals?
Are you a coalition organization with organizational affiliates?
How many members or supporters do you have? (1-99, 100-999, 1,000-9,999, 10k and up)
How many email addresses do you have on file? (1-99, 100-999, 1,000-9,999, 10k and up)
On which of the following does your organization have a profile or presence?
Is there one or more staff person specifically in charge of your online organizing?
What is online organizing to you?
Are you using software to send mass emails? If so, what software?
What is your database tool?
How did you develop your website? In-house/consultant/firm?
How long did it take?
How much did it cost?
Are you using a content management system?
Would you, or other staff in your organization, want to learn more about the topics below?
Please rank – what’s most important for you to learn?
Managing a large email list
Writing for e-mails and the web
Database management for administrative purposes
Small dollar fundraising online
How to shop for software, web services, and consultants
Using advocacy software/training in Salsa and/or other commonly used programs
Basics of online advocacy strategy
6. Who from your organization would attend this type of training?
7. On a scale of 1 to 3, 1 standing for beginner, 2 for intermediate and 3 for advanced in terms of online organizing skills, what percentage of your organizational staff would you say falls under the 1 category? 2? 3?
8. Please describe the chief reasons for attending or being interested in this type of training.
9. What are your short-term goals for online organizing at your organization?
10. What are some of your long-term goals for online organizing at your organization?
11. What would you say are some of the biggest obstacles or challenges to maximizing online organizing at your organization?
What you know/could present on. Answers are 1-5
Me/my organization is experienced in using social media as part of our campaigns
Me/my organization has case studies of our success in online organizing
Me/my organization has used software for electoral organizing (VAN, Catalist)
That’s is so far. What would you add to the questions? Anything you would change?